Yellow crown of thorns large size Euphorbia Milii with rare spiral spines 12 cm in red pot
- Our product is a rare spiral barbed species.
- The photos are our own shot, and the exact same products you see in the picture will be sent.
- We carefully select the largest and fullest products and send them.
- With our special packaging method, the products are delivered to you without any problems.
Crown of Thorns Care
Regular watering of the crown of thorns is important. Watering will be helpful as the top layer of soil dries out. However, avoid overwatering, as it can cause the thorns to rot.
It is important to choose the appropriate pot and soil for the crown of thorns. Using a suitable pot with drainage holes and choosing a soil specially formulated for cacti are important for healthy growth.
It is necessary to expose the crown of thorns to the appropriate amount of sunlight. Generally, it is recommended not to avoid direct sunlight and to keep them near a bright window. However, you can shade it to protect it from the intense sun at noon.
Feeding the crown of thorns regularly promotes healthy growth. Using the nutrients specially produced for cacti is ideal to meet the nutritional needs of the plant. The feeding frequency can be adjusted according to the product's instructions. Fertilizing should be done in spring and early summer.
Clean the petals of the crown of thorns regularly. It is helpful to occasionally wipe it gently with a cloth to prevent dust build-up. Cacti generally prefer low humidity levels, so avoid high humidity environments.
Cacti are generally slow growing plants, so you don't need to move them to another pot or a larger pot as often. You can only change the pot when the roots are stuck or the pot is full.
How to Replicate the Crown of Thorns
From the crown of thorns you want to propagate, choose a healthy shoot that is about 10 cm long and has at least a few leaf nodes. Use sharp and sterile scissors when making the cut.
Getting the Cut
Cut the shoot of your choice from the main stem of the plant at a 45-degree angle. This will help you achieve better results in the rooting process.
Cleaning the Thorns
After taking the cutting, remove the lower leaves so that the underlying leaves do not touch the soil to prevent rot in the rooting medium.
Prepare a suitable environment for rooting. Generally, a light and ventilated medium such as moist sand, perlite or peat is used.
Plant the cutting in rooting medium and press lightly so it stands upright. Slightly immerse the bottom of the cutting in the medium during rooting.
Humidity and Temperature
It is important to keep the cutting moist during the rooting process. Lightly water regularly and keep the shoot in a moist environment. High humidity and mild temperature during rooting increase the chances of success.
You can observe it rooting after about 4-6 weeks. If you notice new roots developing, plant the new plant in a separate pot or garden.
Adequate sunlight, proper irrigation, and proper potting soil after planting the new plant will help the new plant grow healthily.
Crown of Thorns varieties
Euphorbia milii is a popular herb, also called "Crown flower" or "Crown of Thorns", also known as ornamental plant. The cultivars of Euphorbia milii may differ, with features such as different flower colors and leaf types. Here are some common varieties of Euphorbia milii:
- Euphorbia milii 'Classic': One of the most common and popular cultivars with red flowers and green leaves.
- Euphorbia milii 'Super Dwarf': It is a smaller variety with dense leaves. The flowers are usually red.
- Euphorbia milii 'Pink': A lovely variety with pink flowers.
- Euphorbia milii 'White': Known for its white flowers, it has an elegant appearance.
- Euphorbia milii 'Yellow': A beautiful variety with yellow flowers.
- Euphorbia milii 'Crow of Thorns': Its spines may vary in color and may have flowers of various colours.
- Euphorbia milii 'Variegata': A decorative variety with white stripes or spots on its green leaves.
- Euphorbia milii 'Miniature': It is a cute variety with small size and various colored flowers.